Monday, February 21, 2011

Boathouse Row

This picture is classic. Boathouse Row consists of a strip of rowing clubhouses that have served as recreation and competition for rowers worldwide for over a century. I was pleasantly surprised how clear it came out using my niece's iphone. I tend to be tech-weary at times, but the iphone seems like it might be a sound investment in my future. My niece signed us up for the Philadelphia Breast Cancer awareness walk, so we walked the three miles along West River drive, pushing our toddlers in strollers. It was on an amazingly beautiful day this past fall, and there was no more perfect place to walk for a cause than Philadelphia's West River Drive, which has recently been renamed Martin Luther King Drive. Every Sunday Martin Luther King Drive is closed down for walkers, joggers and bikers to freely excise on the drive, without the worry of incoming traffic. I took this picture while crossing over the Schuylkill River on a bridge that connects West River Drive to East River Drive.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture - could easily be on a calendar. Tell me how to pronounce Schuylkill River. I had a lovely afternoon a couple of years ago biking on the trail between Philly and Valley Forge. I wanted to buy a condo and move there permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are soo many wonderful trails to bike, walk, and climb!The pronunciation is much simpler than it looks: SKUKE-HILL or SKU-KILL, depending on your accent :)

    ReplyDelete